Learn about the important OSHA Fall Protection Regulations for post-frame construction in CSG’s outline of fall protection needs and personal fall arrest system options to protect workers on roofs.
Federal OSHA, as well as Cal-OSHA, has found a high proportion of fatalities caused by falls occurred because of a lack of fall protection. Construction industry management must be responsible for fall protection to prevent accidents and avoid costly and reputation damaging Cal-OSHA citations.
Make sure your construction team is meeting these requirements:
Workers have the right to safe and healthful working conditions. The following precautions must be included in any fall protection plan.
- Employees are protected whenever they are 6 feet or more above a lower level.
- Employee is protected from falls and also from any falling objects.
- Work surfaces must be examined and deemed structurally safe.
When conventional fall-protection is not possible or might create a greater hazard, a written plan addressing fall protection issues must meet these requirements:
- Must be in writing, site-specific or by style/model and must maintained on site
- Must be prepared by a qualified person and maintained by a competent person
- Must include all measures addressing fall hazards
About CSG Safety Services Group, LLC: CSG Safety Services Group, LLC designs and installs window washing systems nationwide. CSG provides inspections, testing and certifications for all window cleaning equipment. CSG provides consulting up to full design/build services. The CSG Safety Services Group promotes window washing system solutions with safety, usability, and cost effectiveness in mind. www.windowwashingsystems.com.